COURT ZOOM INFORMATION FOR APRIL 26th:
If today is your court date, please use this information.
• A device capable of accessing an internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc.) & ability to download Zoom application.
• A fast and stable internet connection.
• A webcam attached to your PC or a built-in camera on your device that will allow the Judge to see you during the video conference.
• A microphone connected or a built- in mic that will allow you to talk to the judge.
• Attached speakers or built-in speakers that will allow you to hear.
• A working e-mail address as you may need to e-mail or receive documents.
This process is being provided to help you understand the video courtroom experience.
Please read the process in its entirety.
1. This is virtual courtroom and the requirements for courtroom etiquette and proper courtroom attire should be followed.
2. When you enter the virtual courtroom, please change your user name to your first and last name.
3. When you enter the virtual court room, you will be muted and unable to unmute yourself until it is your turn to meet with the Judge.
4. You have a chat option. You may receive directions through this chat option. Please make sure to check it as this is how court staff will correspond with you.
5. If you are pleading Not Guilty to your case, you will have the ability to speak with the Prosecutor. During the hearing, you will be moved to a Breakout room where your conversations are private. You have a menu at the bottom of the screen. Be watchful for a prompt that will tell you to join a Breakout room. The Prosecutor will instruct you when it is time to leave the Breakout room and return to the hearing or leave the meeting.
6. If you are set to appear before the Judge, you will not be sent to a breakout room as the Judge is in the main room you are joining.
7. If you do not answer when your name is called, the next person will be called.
8. After court, you will receive an e-mail from Municipal Court staff with any documentation or paper work. Please ensure you review it and contact the court if there are any questions.
9. If there are any questions regarding this information, you may contact the Municipal Court by e-mail or by phone. The information is listed below.
Thank you for your cooperation.